APPLICATIONS DUE NO LATER THAN 11/17/2017 by 5:00pm
Dear Parade Participants:
The City of Roanoke Rapids Parks and Recreation Department would like to thank you for participating in the Roanoke Rapids Christmas Parade. Your support and participation in this special event are sincerely appreciated by our community. We have provided some general information below that will be of great use to you and to the smooth success of our parade:
- The parade will start at 2:00 pm on Sunday December 3, 2017, Rain, snow, or shine!! NO RAIN DATE!
- All participants are asked to be at their designated staging area between 11:00am and no later than 1:00pm.
- All entries enter at 10th St. and Henry St. Follow to 11th St. and signs will guide you to the check in station.
There will be a drop off spot. Vehicles may drive down line- up street drop off, then TURN RIGHT at Franklin Street, go over the RR tracks and exit. There is no entrance/exit for drop off at 13th and Roanoke Ave.
Staging area is located on 13th St. and Roanoke Ave. Parking is available at Kirkwood Adams Comm. Ctr.
Note: BANDS ARE ASKED TO PLAY ONLY CHRISTMAS MUSIC. Please keep pace with the parade and only do exhibitions in front of the Judging area. BE SURE TO PLAY CHRISTMAS MUSIC IN FRONT OF THE JUDGING AREA. We know that your school will be proud that you are representing them!
Once your participation has been confirmed, you will be contacted by a member of the Parks & Rec. staff the week prior to the parade.
Fire and Rescue
Please enter on Hinson Street, right on Franklin St., cross over RR tracks onto Vance St./13th St. and go into the parking lot. We will need a representative to check in at the check in station.
For information concerning the Christmas Parade:
email Kelly Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (252) 533-2847
Rules and Safety Guidelines
- ONLY the entry will be issued a number at check in and may proceed to line up. Entries need to line up in numerical order. NOBODY may hold a spot. (Please coordinate your arrival time with others in your group.)
- There must be an adult for each float or entry and this person shall remain with the entry during the entire parade whether children are on it or not.
- All vehicles are to be driven by licensed drivers who have VALID liability insurance.
- ATVs, Go-Karts, and the like will not be allowed to be driven in the parade.
- THERE IS A LIMIT OF 12 VEHICLES PER CAR CLUB/GROUP/ORGANIZATION. Car Clubs will be lined up in 2 lines to shorten the length of your entry. For the safety of all, there will be NO SWERVING from side to side. If this occurs you will be asked to exit the parade procession immediately.
- The parade organizer will be the final authority if unusual questions or situations arise.
- The parade organizer reserves the right for final approval of all entries.
- There will be ONESanta in the parade. He will ride on the official Santa float. No one else is allowed to dress as Santa or Ms. Claus.
- ALL entries MUST depict a Christmas theme. (Bows, wreaths, streamers, etc..) And the riders are expected to wear festive attire. No exceptions. Playing Christmas music is MOST appreciated and will be the only type of music allowed.
- All entries must be identified. Please put a neat legible sign, preferably on the front or right side of the vehicle, identifying who you represent. Your number will be issued to you when you arrive and check in. The judges (ON YOUR RIGHT) must be able to see both of these.
- FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE CHILDREN, candy MAY NOT be thrown from the entry. HOWEVER, you may have someone walk alongside (both sides of entry) and toss candy toward the curb. FOR THEIR SAFETY, WE DO NOT WANT CHILDREN DARTING INTO THE STREET. The only exception to this rule is Santa tossing treats at the end of the parade.
- For their safety, all young children must be seated on/in the entry during the parade. They should NEVER walk around, swing from, or hang off of or out of an entry.
- Parade organizer, the RR Parks and Recreation Department, is not responsible for lost items.
- All floats restricted to 13.5 ft high to avoid contact with power lines.
- Remember, children are everywhere! Be VERY careful driving before, during, and after the parade.
- No vulgar or inappropriate actions or words or inappropriate music will be tolerated.
Participant Application Download